Using your wedding gallery
1. The link to your wedding gallery will take you to a welcome screen. To access your images, simply click the bouncing white arrow at the bottom of your screen. It should be at the bottom, in the centre of the page.
2. Once you’ve entered your gallery you’ll see a row of categories along the top of the screen. Because there are so many photos, we have split your day into categories to make it a little easier for you to navigate them all. You can either jump from category to category, or just continue scrolling through the whole set.
3. You can enlarge images by clicking on the photo you’d like to see. It’s not blurry- it may just take a few seconds to load depending on the speed of your internet connection.
4. If you would like to “favourite” any photos, click the little heart icon displayed on each photo. These photos will be saved to your favourites, in the top right of the screen. (FYI: If you have also ordered an album, we will ask you to select which photographs you’d like included (around 60) by favouriting them)
5. You can download images as a full set, as a batch (such as all your favourites) or as single images. To download the full set of photos click on the download arrow shown in the top right of the screen. You’ll be asked to choose whether you want to download high res files or web size files. If you plan to upload images to social media such as facebook or instagram, we recommend selecting web size files as this will be smaller files optimised for quick uploads. If you are downloading so you can order prints or other products, or so you back up your photos to a USB/hard drive we recommend choosing the high res files option.
6. To download single images, or a selection of images, click the download icon on whichever photo(s) you’d like to download. Any images you’d like to download will be added to your download queue. When you are ready to download photos, click on the download arrow in the top right of the screen. You will be shown your image selection and asked to choose whether you want to download high res files or web size files. If you plan to upload images to social media such as facebook or instagram, we recommend selecting web size files as this will be smaller files optimised for quick uploads. If you are downloading so you can order prints or other products, or so you back up your photos to a USB/hard drive we recommend choosing the high res files option.
6. You can also download all of your favourites as one batch too. When you’re done selecting your favourites simply click the heart icon in the top right and follow the steps above.
Please please please download and back up your photos as soon as you can. It is your responsibility to ensure that your photos are safely backed up so you can enjoy them long term. Sadly, your online gallery wont be available forever so you’ll need to make your own copies of the images. Your online gallery is live for 12 months from the date of your wedding. If you wish to future proof your memories and would like to order a wedding album, albums can be ordered at any time by popping us an email firstname.lastname@example.org[
1. Included with your images is a printing licence with enables you to print, copy and share your photographs on an unlimited basis, for personal use. This print licence extends to your guests, family and friends too. This means you are welcome to obtain your own prints or albums from consumer labs if you’d like. However, we cannot accept liability for (or help) with any print quality issues as a result of using high-street labs for prints or products. We are only able to guarantee the print quality of images and products ordered through us and our professional processing labs.
2. Wedding venues: Sadly, we cannot authorise any images to be shared with wedding venues at all unless we are a recommended supplier at the venue. This is so we can maintain strong, mutually beneficial relationships with all the venues who love our work enough to recommend us.
If you are approached by your wedding venue(s) for images, please refer them to us so that we can assist with their request or kindly let them know that you do not have a commercial use licence and therefore are not permitted to share those images with them.
3. If you are approached by any of your other suppliers for copies of your images and you do not mind them being shared, we are more than happy for you to share images with them. Please just ask them to tag us in the images and credit us in the caption below. We can be found on most social media platforms as @samandlouisephotography. Sadly, we are never offered free flowers, free cake etc but other suppliers always want free photos, so we hope you’ll agree that an image credit is a fair enough ask. If you see your supplier posting a photograph that we’ve taken without a credit, tag or mention please tag us or give them a polite nudge.
We recommend that you share a select few of your favourite images (showcasing their work) with you suppliers rather than sharing the full gallery link with them. Why? Well you would assume that it’s common sense and a common courtesy to not share a couples full wedding gallery link on your public business social media accounts- but it happens…often! Over the years we’ve had suppliers “leak” gallery links to the press, use photos in newspaper and magazine adverts without the couples permission, including images of guests children. It is increasingly common for suppliers to download a selection of images from the whole day, not even ones necessarily showing their work and create blogs, reels and other content. It is so much easier to protect your own privacy and that of your guests if you do not share the link outside of your loved ones.
We know it sounds like a formality, but unfortunately we are asked to step in and pick up the pieces several times a year due to other suppliers misusing photos provided to them in good faith by couples. An example of a supplier posting the link to a couples full wedding gallery can be found below
Sam & Louise Photography
Registered company number 09280671
34 Francome Drive
.. Before you go …
Would you consider leaving a review for us on google and/or Facebook? In this digital age most of us wont even consider placing a booking or order online without first reading reviews. Unfortunately only a handful of people go on to actually leave a review themselves. We have photographed over 350 weddings but only have around 60 google reviews in spite of wonderful feedback from every couple we’ve ever worked with.
We hate to ask as we know how busy life can be, but google reviews really are the best “Thank you” we could ever receive. They help us stay visible in search results, which is how most couples find us. Please take a moment to help us stay visible to other couples seeking a wedding photographer.
Reviews are welcome from anyone involved in the wedding- brides, grooms, suppliers or family and friends. They are always hugely appreciated.
Share this story